What is CEREC?
CEREC has changed the way we do dentistry. This system is the most accurate and simple of its kind. No more need for waiting days to get veneers, crowns, bridges and even inlays done, this in office CAD-CAM system allows us to get more accurate impressions which leads to more accurate restorations. Cerec uses Lithium Disilicate Ceramic, the hardest and purest Ceramic, to mill the right restoration for you in a matter of minutes.
CAD-CAM is short for Computer Assisted Design and Computer Assisted Milling. The system comprises of three components:
- The Acquisition device- This device takes high definition photos of the prepared tooth or abutment and creates a 3dimensional image on the screen. This image is then used in conjunction with the Computer Assisted Design system to design the perfect looking and fitting ceramic restoration. Your restoration can then be examined from every angle and allows the dentist to make alterations depending on patient and dentist desires.
- The Milling unit- Once the restoration is perfect, the dentist decides on a color that will match your existing teeth and/or your desires, the correct ceramic block is then placed inside the milling unit. After a matter of 15 minutes your restoration is complete but still in a unpolymerized state, meaning that it is not yet as hard and strong as wanted, final alterations are made at this stage inside the mouth. The restoration is then stained and placed inside the oven.
- The Oven- This is an amazing piece of equipment, for 15 minutes your restoration is heated at up to 870 oC , this polymerizes the ceramic giving it the desired color and hardness. Once it is cooled off, it is placed inside the mouth with a dental resin cement and after allowed to set for 10 minutes you can go forth and know this treatment will not fail on you, giving you not only peace of mind but also great esthetics.
The color of my veneers are exactly what I had in mind, it feels great and looks even better. I enjoyed spending the money on myself, an investment that I can actually see and something that will actually improve my confidence and self-esteem.
Wow, I love the shape and realness of my new front teeth, I look 10 years younger. Would recommend it to anyone!
...and many dentists have seen my teeth or rather the lack thereof and none could give me any definite treatment plan. I consulted Transformational dentistry and they gave me a great result. They used new technology to layer a bridge, use the hardest material combined with another material called E-Max to get the look of it right. Now I can chew and smile and not worry that something horrible might happen any moment."
Some proven advantages of CEREC:
- Increased reliability
- Cost and time saving
- 15 Microns fit, better than any human can do.
- Less injections
- Minimally Invasive
- Bio Compatible products used
- No Temporary Restorations.